Wednesday, October 24, 2018

"Fish" - like Poem, for Prompt

I Remember

Ah! I remember!
     I remember a river
          Tossing here, curling there
               Twisting like walrus' whiskers
                    Ah! I remember!
               I remember a shiver;
          The shiver that ran up my spine
     The shiver of seeing the wonder
Instead of only the pictures
Ah! I remember!
     I remember a place
          The place I met the wallaby
               Singing like a wind through the vines
                    His name was Rutherford Kingsley
                         And his hair was matted and frayed
                    And, oh, how dismayed and wide-eyed
               Was he, when had he drunk of my wines
          Ah! I remember!
     I remember a face
The face of Mme C.
The beaver
Sweet face
     She spoke like a squirel
          In a chittering whirl
                   Like hummingbirds fast in a race
                            Ah! I do so remember in fondness
                                             My time spend on that river
                                                        My mind is taut like a bowstring
                                                                       But, alas! I've emptied my quiver!

--LitheWalrus

No comments:

Post a Comment