Monday, September 24, 2018

Science is Dead.

Did you know that dolphins have a language so complex they call each other by name? New research shows that bats do, too. On the Smithsonian website, you can read an article about how bats argue with one another. Octopuses and squid are color blind--only able to see black and white-- and have the ability to camouflage themselves. Western Scrub-Jays hold funerals for fallen birds, calling out so others can mourn.

I bring this up to say, I like the idea Paul Kingsnorth brought up when he said, "What would a novel look like if it were written by someone who sang to the forest, and believed it sang back?"

I feel as if nature has been singing the whole time, we just forgot how to listen. Maybe, in the height of technology, now is the time to listen again? If now is the time to listen, how do we even start?

No comments:

Post a Comment